Intereach - calling local Artists!
Intereach are seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from local artists who have a lived experience of disability to help make our new offices in Bendigo, Echuca, Kyneton, Castlemaine and Maryborough more welcoming.
Expression of interest close Thursday 13 April Find out more... (http://www.intereach.com.au/news/calling-local-artists/)
NSW Artists' Grant
The NSW Artists’ Grant is initiated by NAVA and funded by Arts NSW to assist professional visual and media arts, craft and design practitioners residing in NSW to produce, present and promote their work throughout Australia and overseas. Applications close 22 April - Find out more... (https://visualarts.net.au/nava-grants/)
NSW Creative Achievement Awards
NSW Creative Laureate recognises an individual, team or organisation making a positive contribution to the global profile, growth and development of NSW creative industries. Closes April 9 - Find out more... (http://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/invest-in-nsw/investment-assistance/awards/nsw-creative-achievement-awards)
Shine a light on the Invisible Farmer - share your stories
The ABC is calling for tributes to the women who work the land - the contribution they make to their farm, their community and agriculture in general. These tributes will be featured on the ABC and will become part of the Invisible Farmer Project, which is the largest ever study of Australian women on the land. Find out more... (https://open.abc.net.au/explore?projectId=153)
Providing funded opportunities for professional filmmakers to profile artists with disability living and creating in regional NSW. Total funding of $40,000 is available to support regional filmmakers in NSW to produce eight short films. Registrations close 23 April - Find out more... (http://screenworks.com.au/event/createability-2017/)
Heritage Activation Grants
The Heritage Near Me incentives program has been developed to complement current State Heritage funding programs. It provides funding opportunities and support directly to owners and managers of local heritage items. Closes 21 April - Find out more... (http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/topics/heritage/support-for-local-heritage/heritage-near-me-incentives-program)
Creative Writing Fellowships
Varuna, the National Writers House invites writers living in regional New South Wales and the greater Sydney area to apply for a two-week residency at this historic home in the Blue Mountains. Applications close 30 April - Find out more... (http://www.varuna.com.au/varuna/index.php/programs/residential-programs/fellowships/item/174-the-litlink-residential-fellowship-2017)
NAIDOC Week 2017 grants
Applications for NAIDOC Week funding are now open. NAIDOC Week is a time to celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history, culture and achievements and is an opportunity to recognise the contributions that Indigenous Australians make to our country and our society. Closes 27 April - Find out more... (http://www.aboriginalaffairs.nsw.gov.au/naidoc-week-2017-grants)
Craft Cubed 2017
Now in its eighth year, the Craft Cubed Festival is seeking Expressions of Interest from people like YOU to present creative, experimental and ideas-based craft and design projects under the banner of this celebration of the handmade and the biggest coming together of the craft and design sectors of its kind in Australia. EOI close 25 April - Find out more... (http://www.craft.org.au/craft-cubed-2017-expressions-of-interest)
Prizes and Exhibitions closing soon...
* Arthur Guy Memorial Painting Prize (http://www.bendigoartgallery.com.au/Prizes_Scholarships/Arthur_Guy_Memorial_Painting_Prize) - Closes 7 April
* NSW Premier’s History Awards (http://regionalartsnsw.com.au/2017/03/nsw-premiers-history-awards-2017/) - Closes 7 April
* 2017 Banjo Paterson Writing Awards Entry (http://www.cwl.nsw.gov.au) - Closes 21 April
* Kilgour Prize 2017 (http://nag.org.au/Exhibitions/KILGOUR-PRIZE) - Closes 28 April
* IDX Awards (http://regionalartsnsw.com.au/2017/02/idx-awards-open-for-nominations/) - Closes 29th April
* Australian Landscape Prize (https://hadleysartprize.com.au/) - Closes 30 April
Funding and opportunities closing soon...
* IDAHOT (http://www.acon.org.au/about-acon/latest-news/#idahot-2017-community-grants-to-help-promote-rainbow-families-and-combat-lgbti-discrimination) 2017 Community Grants To Help Promote Rainbow Families And Combat LGBTI Discrimination (http://www.acon.org.au/about-acon/latest-news/#idahot-2017-community-grants-to-help-promote-rainbow-families-and-combat-lgbti-discrimination) - Closes 3 April
* Regional Growth - Environment and Tourism Fund (https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/invest-in-nsw/regional-opportunities/regional-growth-environment-and-tourism-fund) - Closes 6 April
* Community Presenter Touring Grant (https://www.artsontour.com.au/initiatives-new/) - Closes 10 April
* Screen Australia Hot Shots Plus (http://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/funding-and-support/shorts/production/hot-shots-plus) - Stage 1 Deadline 20 April
* Australia Post Regional Pitch Fest (https://www.regionalpitchfest.com/about/) - Closes 28 April
* Cultural Fund (https://www.copyright.com.au/culturalfund/) - Closes 28 April